Monday, September 14, 2015

My Midday Treat

Curry Chicken Salad with pita chips, fruit, and
apricot mayo
My next stop on my Athens restaurant train was to my all time favorite lunch spot: Marti’s at Midday. Situated in an adorable white cottage on Prince Avenue, Marti’s at Midday is the ideal lunch spot for the girls. With it’s large front porch and bright sunroom seating indoors, Marti’s offers a picturesque environment. Every time my mom comes to visit me in Athens, we always go to Marti’s to enjoy their yummy food. Famous for their chicken salad and pimento cheese, Marti’s has homemade salads and sandwiches to satisfy any midday craving. My favorite thing to order is “The Amy.” It’s a curry chicken salad sandwich on yummy grainy bread, and it comes with their amazing homemade pita chips and a side of fruit. I also always order a side of their apricot mayo to dip my pita chips in. From my first visit to Marti’s, I discovered their apricot mayo. It’s not anything like mayo, though. It’s more of like an apricot jam. It is always a staple for my Marti’s visits. And to finish off your yummy Marti’s sandwiches and salads are the largest cookies you will ever see. They are definitely worth every bite.
Another great thing about Marti’s is their catering service. This is a great way for Marti’s to advertise to people at events that might not have known about Marti’s beforehand. Marti’s has a cute website that showcases their menu, story, press, and recipes. Marti’s also has a presence on social media, such as Facebook and Instagram. They post attractive pictures on their Instagram account, which also posts to their Facebook profile. These posts are informative, yet they also have an appealing quality that attracts “foodies” because they include pictures of their food, as well as pictures of their customers and events. On their social media posts, Marti’s includes many hashtags, which is a great way to attract followers and promote their business. Aside from creating delicious food, Marti’s has mastered the art of social media as well.
            Marti’s definitely ranks #1 on my list, so if you haven’t visited yet, I highly suggest you do!

1 comment: