Tuesday, September 22, 2015

A Tidal Wave of Flavors

            This past week was one of my roommates’ birthdays, so of course that meant a celebratory dinner was necessary. My roommate loves Asian food, as well as Mexican food, so I suggested the new restaurant in downtown Athens, Taqueria Tsunami. I’ve always heard it’s a popular restaurant, so I was excited to check it out.
Aloha Taco
            They’re famous for their tacos, and I could definitely tell that from looking at their menu. They have great flavor combinations, such as the Aloha Taco with grilled teriyaki chicken, pineapple pico de gallo and spicy mayo. I personally did not order that taco, but some of my friends did and they were in love. I will definitely be ordering it next time I go!

Promotion on social media outlets
            Taqueria Tsunami is a really hip restaurant, targeting the young college student audience, so their presence online and on social media outlets is very important. Their website is really sleek and modern, with great pictures and access to their menu and locations. They also have a presence on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. These social media accounts feature specials and deals, such as their “Kids Eat Free” days. All of their posts include hashtags and pictures, which catch the audience’s eye and encourage audience engagement. Taqueria Tsunami is doing a great job of knowing who their target audience is, and using social media channels to successfully reach them.

No comments:

Post a Comment